Advantages And Disadvantages Of Automated Parking System
Advantages of Automated Parking Facilities
* There is a greater sense of security due to the fact that patrons do not actually walk to and from their own space.
* It is highly feasible for extremely small sites that are unable to accommodate a conventional ramped parking structure.
* There is high parking efficiency (i.e. sf/space and cf/space).
* There is no need for driving while looking for an available space.
* Emissions are greatly brought down and reduced.
* The patrons wait for their car in a highly controlled environment.
* There are less chances for vehicle vandalism.
* There is a minimal staff requirement if it is used by known parkers.
* It is possible that the retrieval time is lower than the combined driving/parking/walking time in conventional ramped parking structures.
* There is an easier facade integration since there are no ramping floors or openings in exterior walls.
Potential Disadvantages Of Automated Parking Facilities
* There is a greater construction cost per space (but this may be offset by the chance for lesser land costs per space and the system manufacturers say that the operating and maintenance cost will be lower as compared to a conventional ramped parking structure).
* Use of redundant systems will result in a greater cost.
* It may be a bit confusing for unfamiliar users.
* It is not recommended for high peak hour volume facilities.
* There may be a fear of breakdown (How do I get my car out?).
* There is an uncertain building department review and approval process.
* It requires a maintenance contract with the
So, is automated parking suitable for you? It depends. A qualified parking consultant can help review all your options and choose the automated parking system that is best suited for your application.
For more on Parking Systems go check out http://cityliftparking.com/.