The Awards @ World Startup Fest : Part 3
This is part 3 of a series explaining the detailed breakdown of World Startup Fest. Read part 1, part 2, part 4, part 5, part 6, part 7, part 8, part 9, part 10, part 11 and part 12 to catch up. Written by Jerric Lyns John.
Global Startup Awards SAARC
Global Startup Awards was started in 2012 in the Nordic as a platform to foster entrepreneurship and a place to meet the best of the entrepreneurs, startups and their ecosystem supporters. This caught the attention of the governmental agencies as a sole platform in showcasing the best of the ecosystem every year.
GSA expanded globally starting with Central Europe as an additional chapter as soon as they discovered the importance of such an year round event, followed by ASEAN. In the process of expanding GSA was able to identify some of the leading startups across the active regions like these.
This year GSA and WSF is collaboratively adding the largest and the most exciting of all the regions as part of Global Startup Awards — “ SAARC”.
GSA SAARC, focuses on celebrating the spirit of entrepreneurship and promoting the concept of bridging boundaries using innovation in SAARC region comprising of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka by appreciating them with our most coveted awards program which will be attended by the top notch entrepreneurs, corporates, investors and ecosystem builders from Nordic, Central Europe, SAARC and ASEAN.
As part of the SAARC ecosystem we have identified the following as the categories for the awards. Any startup can apply under any of the categories and they can apply under multiple categories based on their eligibility based on the type of startup they are.
Our Global Cross Pollination Panel comprising of our alumni network of mentors, entrepreneurs, advisers, ambassadors and Jury from some of the most coveted startups/institutions will help enable your idea to come to reality, scale up to other countries and maybe even get funded.
Global Startup Awards Framework
The GSA awards has very established and recognized framework in identifying startups.
- Nomination Phase: We announce that our portal is open for nominations and ideally anyone can nominate anyone under any category.
- Shortlist Phase: All the nominees list is now passed on to the ambassadors to shortlist the top 5 from each category. This is the initial ranking done by the ambassadors who understand their ecosystem better than anyone else.
- National Phase: Shortlisted startups are ranked by the National Jury Board and by public voting. This system sets a minimum requirement of at-least 3 Jury per category and 1 additional Jury is acted upon by Public Voting. If there is a tie, we give awards to both the parties. The awards are celebrated during the country partner organized national event or even by simply announcing them over social media.
- SAARC Phase: National Winners are ranked by a SAARC Jury Board and by public voting. We mix up the SAARC Jury Board with Jury members from our sister regions like Nordic, Central Europe and ASEAN. The awards of the SAARC winners will be celebrated during World Startup Fest.
- Global Phase: The SAARC Winners are ranked by a Global Jury Board, this is a distributed Jury list from across our regions and beyond. We will have the Global Awards be given away during our international rounding up event at China.
With the best framework and diverse categories awaiting for the creme of the ecosystem, we are bringing together the best combination of industry leaders, influencers, technologists, scientists etc to make an impactful networking during the event.
For Part 4— “The Pitch” at World Startup Fest click here.
If you missed part 2— “The Conference” at World Startup Fest click here.
This post was originally published in World Startup Fest News Section