The Link 20© Questions
Ever wonder what to ask people you’ve just met? Or struggle making conversation with business acquaintances? The below questions are a great guide to building relationships with people you truly want to get to know.
Over time, ask these questions in a sincere way, and you will improve the quality of your business relationships and move up the Relationship Pyramid.
- What do you do when you are not working?
- Where did you go to school (and how did you choose it)?
- Where did you grow up and what was it like to grow up there?
- What was your high school like?
- What do you enjoy reading when you have the time?
- How did you decide to do… for a living?
- Tell me something about your family.
- Where is your favorite place to vacation?
- What kind of vacation would you like to take that you have not yet taken?
- What community associations, if any, do you have the time to be involved in?
- What sports, if any, do you enjoy participating in?
- What sports, if any, do you enjoy watching?
- If you could have tickets for any event, what would it be?
- How did you decide to settle in this area?
- Tell me something about you that would surprise me.
- What things do you really want to do more of, but just don’t have time for?
- What challenges/issues in your work might I, or my company, be able to help you with?
- What is the most frustrating thing about being in your business these days?
- In your opinion, what two or three qualities make a top-notch [insert your title here]?
- If all work paid the same and you could go around again, what would you do?