The 10 commandments of modern dating
- You shall treat your date as a human, and not as an object of instant gratification, in a sea of online dating matches. Get to know them, and take your time.
[You shall have no other gods before Me]
2. You shall not idealize your date, you still don’t know them.
.[You shall not make idols]
3. You shall not bail on a date last minute. Especially not over text. Never take your date in vain. They made time for you.
[You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain]
4. Remember not to use your phone when on a date, especially don’t tinder when they are in the bathroom.
[Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy]
5. Honor your mom and dad issues, aka figure your stuff out, before projecting all of it on them. It is called being an adult*
[Honor your father and your mother]
6. You shall not ghost. EVER.
[You shall not murder]
7. You shall always disclose if you are married or in an open relationship.
[You shall not commit adultery]
8. You shall not pretend you are interested when you are not. You shall practice being vulnerable** before showing up on a date.
[You shall not steal]
9. You shall not deceive your date, by telling them you were busy instead of you’re just not into them. Don’t waste their time, because you are scared of looking bad.
[You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor]
10.You shall work your ex stuff out before you jump in another relationship, or promise one. Also you might want to work out any issues you might have with your ox or donkey.
[You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s]
Commandments credit: God