I am thrilled to announce the launch of Ellie — the Timehop for Snapchat.
Ellie is really simple. The way it works is people sign up and give their Snapchat username and then we begin storing their Snapchat stories for them, which then become viewable (forever) for them on Ellie. That’s it.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Ellie:
Why do I have to wait to get access to the app?
- You need to wait to get access to the app because we need time to begin collecting you stories so that you have memories to see when you use Ellie.
Why do I not have any of my Stories on Ellie?
- We are using an imperfect system to save Snapchat Stories and occasional our systems fails to add your Snapchat username to our database, not allowing us to download your stories for you.
- If you have experienced this problem please re-enter your Snapchat Username here and we will prioritize adding you to our database
Why did you add me on Snapchat
- We will have one of our accounts add you on Snapchat so that we download your stories for you. If we do not add you on Snapchat we will not be able to download your stories for you
Could some add my Snapchat account and have all my stories appear on their Ellie account?
- Yes. This is not ideal and we are working to create a solution for this. That being said, if your Snapchat account is on private or custom and you do not add our account back on Snapchat we will not be able to save your stories.
- If you encounter any issues with someone saving your Snapchat stories to their Ellie account please email Jacob@tryellie.com and we will resolve the issue immediately.
Ellie is avalible for download now :) http://appstore.com/elliebysnapmemories