Ayurvedic Remedies for Diarrhea Relief
Are you suffering from diarrhea? Well, Diarrhea is actually one of the most common health problems that any average adult experiences. A study shows that average adult experiences about 4 episodes of diarrhea every year.Luckily, in most cases, diarrhea is quite easy to control and will resolve completely within a couple of days.
Diarrhea is the most common problem that is affecting all age groups at one time or the another. Though it can be controlled well in most of the cases, sometimes it proves detrimental. Studies have shown that there have been epidemics of diarrhea seen in almost all parts of the world. In Ayurveda, diarrhea is called Atisaar.
Diarrhea in the most common circumstances caused by the infections of bacteria, viruses, and parasites that are present in the digestive system. These microbes or organisms generally enter the digestive system through infected food, water, milk, flesh or other eatable products. Diseases like typhoid also sometimes cause diarrhea. There are even non-infectious conditions which can result in diarrhea that are inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, intestinal allergies, intolerance to lactose or gluten and hyperthyroidism.Diarrhea is often the body’s natural defense system against any harmful virus or bacterium, an ingested toxin or any food that disagrees with the digestive system. It has also been seen that sometimes diarrhea is the side effect of any prescribed medication or it is an indicator of a more serious illness.
According to Ayurveda, weak gastric fire, improper food habits, intake of impure water, toxins and even mental stress can be the cause of ATi Saar. Aggravated vata separates the fluid from various tissues of the body and brings it to the intestine. This fluid then mixes with the stool which in turn leads to loose, watery motions. For Diarrhea treatment, you can easily follow some lifestyle tips that can control the problem.
• In diarrhea it is always advised to take sufficient amount of water and liquid food.
• Heavy, spicy, fried food is strictly prohibited. Non-veg items, like eggs, are also not allowed. And sugarcane juice should also be avoided.
• It is advised to boil the water before drinking in case of diarrhea.
• In diarrhea, goat milk is mostly recommended, cow’s milk can also be taken. But Buffalo milk is however forbidden.
There are few Ayurveda remedies that can be done at home with the stuff that is easily available in the kitchen in an Indian household. These are few tips that you can follow:
• Add a teaspoon of ginger in water and boil the water. Drink that water when it is lukewarm in every one hour.
• Mix a teaspoon of sugar and half a teaspoon of common salt in water. Small doses of this mixture that is around a quarter cup can be given to the patient whenever they are thirsty.
• Mix a teaspoon of cinnamon, ginger and cumin powder each with honey to make a paste. Take a teaspoon of this paste thrice a day.
• Roast 2/3 teaspoon of cumin seeds and ground them until powdered. Add a pinch of ginger powder, cinnamon powder, and black pepper powder. Add this mixture in 1 cup of yogurt and mix it well. Intake this mixture twice a day for relief.
If your diarrhea is still not under control then you should get an Ayurvedic consultation from any ayurvedic doctor as if not treated in time it can take a form of any serious illness.