“We run the risk of having about 15% of the world’s population designing the world, through media consumption and media creation, for the other 85% of the population. I don’t think that’s good business first of all, but I also think that’s troubling from a societal perspective. Media consumption and creation is particularly precarious, because it does influence the way we understand and see the world.” — Julie Ann Crommett, VP, Multicultural Audience Engagement, The Walt Disney Studios
Distraction is not the artist’s friend, and it’s antagonistic to the creative process. The Enemy is inside you, looking to subvert and sabotage your work. Don’t let it. There’s too much at stake here. Yes, your job is hard — that’s why only you can do it.