Love your insights Cathryn thank you for sharing what’s worked for you and the benefits of powerful morning habits. How long did it take you to fine-tune your morning routine? (You mention habit-stacking but there are quite a few parts to your morning routine — did you add them all at once or did you only add a new “part” (such as 20 mins reading) once previous parts were solidified as a “habit”?)
Moreover, what do you do during days when you can’t hit your morning routine for whatever reason? It’s funny balancing the “shit happens in life” with the “well, I suck at this”.
I’ve been playing around with morning routines and the power of habits over the past few months. Here’s mine at the moment.
- Wake up and drink 500 ml — 700 ml of water
- Make up bed to stop myself from going back to sleep
- Write in journal (1 motivational quote, 3 gratitudes, 3 things to complete to create an awesome day, 3 affirmations and 10 random ideas)
- 5 minutes of Chen Style Tai Chi (my alternative to Meditation)
- 5 minutes of Hand Stand practice courtesy of the 28 day handstand challenge
- 10–15 minutes of Salsa dance practice.
- Shower and GO
Thanks for entertaining my questions! Appreciate it and have a great week.