For the last six months, I’ve been recommending my favorite reading material on my newsletter on an (almost) regular basis. But within this growing collection of essays and articles are a couple that really stuck with me and that I keep mentioning in conversations. So here’s a list of those that I think deserve another read.
- China Miéville: The Limits of Utopia
- Robert Epstein: The empty brain
- George Monbiot: Neoliberalism — the ideology at the root of all our problems
- Anna Wiener: Uncanny Valley
- Sara Robinson: Bring back the 40-hour work week
- Jeffrey Goldberg: The Obama Doctrine
- Andrew Russell & Lee Pinsel: Hail the maintainers
- Brett Scott: You are the robots & Ellen Huet: The Humans Hiding Behind the Chatbots & Clare Corthell: Hybrid Intelligence: How Artificial Assistants Work
- Latoya Peterson: Do It For The Vine
- George Voss, Debbie Chachra & Sherri Wasserman: Situated Systems: Synthesis
So, what articles/essays/longreads stuck with you from the first half of 2016?
Not all these articles might be from 2016. But that’s when I found them.