How To Make A PNG Transparent Background With GIMP
- Open your image in GIMP.
2. Use one of the select tools in the sidebar to select the area you want to keep.
3. Click Select > Invert so that the background you want to make transparent is selected.
4. Click Transparency > Add Alpha Channel and then press delete on your keyboard.
5. If you want to reduce the space around your image use the crop tool to make it more compact. Drage the square to size and then double click in the centre to crop your image
6. Click File > Export As and save you image with the png file extension.
7. Your image will now appear with a transparent background wherever you use it.