Coconut Date Pie Crust
- 1 heaping cup walnuts
- 1 heaping cup pitted dates (soaked warm water 15 min)
- 1 cup raw shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Place soaked dates in the food processor and process until small bits remain and/or it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Process shredded coconut until it becomes the size of small rice. Add the walnuts andprocess till they reach a mealy consistency.
- Add back in dates and a pinch of salt and mix to combine. When squeezed between two fingers, the crust should stick together and feel moldable. If too dry, add another date or two. If too wet, add a little almond or walnut meal.
- Press into a pan, or a med-small baking dish or round cake pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Press until flat, going up the sides about 1/2 inch. Place in freezer to set.