As a hobbyist fisherman and sailor, I am always excited to try out new apps and technologies so long they fit my budget. I was recently contacted by an app developer to try out their fishing web app. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked. Some of the really cool things I found in the web app.
- Box zoom: I could do shift + draw rectangle using mouse to zoom into an area.
- Rotate maps: Ctrl + mouse drag to rotate maps. On my surface PRO, simple two finger rotation worked. The best part is text stays upright on rotation.
- Context sensitive legend: Long click shows a useful legend illustrating the symbols under the mouse cursor.
- Switch background maps to overlay nautical charts over satellite imagery.
- I was really glad that I could switch depth unit to fathom.