Hybrid Cloud Management and Orchestration: Remove the complexity for Modern Enterprise
Hybrid cloud models are one of the fastest growing cloud adoption models because they allow enterprises to build, manage, and govern entire cloud ecosystem from either the public cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud services, — or a combination — that most closely fits their own computing needs.
Organizations have embraced cloud services wholeheartedly and made it an active part of their IT strategy. Considering the huge momentum in cloud adoption and deployment, questions arise about the efficient management and control of these services. A combination of complex cloud infrastructure from various vendors, a couple of legacy systems, and ambiguity over individual users launching multi-cloud services independently can all create chaos and uncertainty — and lead to uncontrolled cost. It is critical that IT take proactive approach to manage cloud deployments, otherwise usage can grow out of control.
If any of the challenges mentioned above reflect your organization’s situation, you need a unified cloud management solution that lets you build a multi-cloud environment with the much need control without sacrificing business agility. Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management integrates the disparate cloud environments and allows you to control your cloud resources with purpose built automation, orchestration, policy enforcement and management tools. With an easy to install and manage virtual appliance, Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management helps IT to rein cloud sprawl while enterprises adopt cloud services across the organization.
With Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management, you can use the most popular public clouds, including:
• Amazon AWS
• Microsoft Azure
• Google Cloud Platform
• IBM Bluemix
And the following popular private clouds:
• VMWare vCenter
It provides a complete set of tools at your fingertips so that you can launch and manage your cloud resources, track resources, set resource thresholds and use policies to automatically terminate resources.
Self Service Portal — Multiple Clouds
Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management offers an all-in-one portal where users are able to perform all cloud management functions, as described below:
• Supports a multi-provider catalog with Application Stack templates for multiple public cloud environments.
• Offers enterprise users instant access to a broad range of cloud infrastructure resources.
• Provides quick availability of cloud resources and access to the catalog; users can then immediately buy and provision the cloud resources as required. Provides pre-configured “corporate approved cloud resources” authorized for access by users, thereby significantly reducing the threat of “shadow IT and cloud sprawl”.
The solution supports end-to-end life cycle management of various cloud resources. It supports automated provisioning and configuration of virtual machines, workload stacks, block storage, and network interfaces.
• Consistent user experience when launching and managing resources irrespective of cloud vendor.
• Orchestration of cloud infrastructure services.
• Attach/Detach/Edit cloud resources and properties
• Termination of cloud resources.
• Notification on successful provisioning, as well as errors during provisioning.
Manage Application Stacks
Policy Based Governance
The policy framework helps businesses create policies in real time to optimize the use of cloud resources.
• Provides 6 out-of-box governance rules that immediately helps you control cloud costs.
• Tracks cloud usage and cost information and alerts administrators when the total usage for the account is greater than a certain value.
• Tracks cloud usage and cost information and alerts administrators when the total usage for a vendor specific product is greater than a certain value.
• Allows scheduling of operational hours to automatically shutdown & start virtual machines.
• Alerts administrators on volumes that have been disassociated from Virtual machines (standalone VMs) for more than a set number of days.
• Optional rule to automatically delete volumes that have been disassociated from virtual machines (standalone VMs) for more than a set number of days.
• Provides a Policy Execution Log that reports status of each policies executed with details of all the actions executed.
Cloud Analytics Dashboard
Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management provides comprehensive visibility of your cloud costs. It provides meaningful cloud cost and usage data by projects, departments, products, vendors, and business units.
- Real Time Analytics Dashboard enables you to get a snapshot of the status of the various resources. It helps you to instantly know when the resources were provisioned, and if the resources are being used or kept idle.
• Cost Analytics Dashboard provides a consolidated, as well as granular view of your cloud costs. It provides a comprehensive view of the cloud cost trends and usage patterns by projects, departments, products, vendors, and business units.
• Tag Analytics Dashboard helps you organize your cloud resources based on tags and provides the ability to categorize them for billing purposes. Further, it helps you to analyze the cost of resources according to various business categories.
Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
Role Based Access Control (RBAC) enables organizations to restrict/permit users to access various functions.
• Administrators can assign users to various roles. Each role can be assigned various permissions.
• RBAC helps organizations gain control over proper utilization of the cloud resources. For examples, only roles with an ‘order’ privilege can launch cloud resources.
Directory Server sync
With directory server sync support, your users can use their existing network login credentials to login to Jamcracker Hybrid Cloud Management. Integration support includes:
• Microsoft Active Directory
The Showback report provides clear visibility into how cloud resources are used by the organization and departments.
• The Showback report shows high-level allocation of IT services and cost to business units.
• Costs can be rolled up to show consolidated usage information by departments and business units within an enterprise.
• Details of the quantity of cloud services and associated cost can be traced back at a user, business unit or line of business level.