Role of an OB/GYN doctor in Childbirth
An OB/GYN is a physician who specializes in obstetrics and gynecology to treat the female reproductive organs in their pregnant and non-pregnant states. They basically focus on pregnancy, delivery and female sexual and reproductive health. They are sub specialize in infertility, GYN Oncology, Pediatric gynecology, reproductive endocrinology.
Who are OB/GYN doctors?
OB/GYN stands for obstetrics and gynecology. OB/GYN doctors focus on pregnancy, delivery and female sexual and reproductive system. They deliver babies or perform gynecological exams. They also provide family planning services. A GYN doctor is a physician specialist who provides medical and surgical care to women. They have expertise in pregnancy, childbirth and disorders of the reproductive system.
OB/GYNs specialize in following areas:
• Urinary tract disorders
• Preventative health
• Behavioral problems
• Health maintenance during pregnancy
• Operative gynecology
• Adolescent gynecology
• Acute and chronic medical conditions
• Pregnancy and delivery
Role of OB/GYN
Some major roles of obstetrician/gynecologists are mentioned below:
• You can get advice on pains, complications
• You can get different prenatal testing that include blood and urine tests
• They give you a healthy diet plan
• They perform fetal monitoring that include electronic fetal monitoring, kick counts and ultrasounds
• They prescribe medications.
• They also monitor you and your baby after delivery
• They also give advice on various physical, mental emotional changes that occurs in your body
• They have proper equipment and technology to treat any complications related with pregnancy
• They help you to understand postpartum physical changes
If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant then it is a right time to consult OB/GYN doctors. OB/GYN is medical professionals who perform gynecological exams or surgical services. So consult an OB/GYN doctors during pregnancy for the healthy delivery of your baby
This article includes information on OB/GYN doctor. Read more to find out the role of OB/GYN doctors.