7 things to begin your workday
Getting the sequence right is key…
- Eat breakfast. If you don’t eat, you’ll have less energy later in the workday.
- Unless you work from home, put on clothing and go to work. If you leave home undressed, they’ll lock you up.
- Spend time doing the most important thing.
- Spend time doing the 2nd most important thing.
- Spend time doing the 3rd most important thing.
- Spend time doing the 4th most important thing.
- Spend time doing the 5th most important thing.
I know all of this, but rarely do it.
Sequence is key. Sometimes I do #7 before #3, or forget to do #1. This is the most common mistake. Sometimes #3 should be prioritizing and planning for #4–7.
Take breaks when needed. Sometimes I forget to take breaks. Also a mistake. Maybe taking a break should be on the list.
Note that if your true priority isn’t work-related (reading, yoga, meditation), then you should probably do that sometime before item #3.
Don’t overcomplicate it. Eat breakfast, keep yourself out of jail, prioritize.