CSIR NET Career Scope | Benefits | Stipend
CSIR NET is the national level exam conducted by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research to check the eligibility of the candidates to apply for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Lectureship (LS).
Every year number of students appear for CSIR NET exam to check their eligibility for taking Research Scholarships or Lectureships at Indian Universities.
CSIR NET Qualified Candidates Career Scope
1. Career Scope at Assistant Professorship
It qualifies you to place as Assistant Professor at any of the following places: -
- Post-Graduate Colleges
- Government Research Establishments
- CSIR Research Laboratories.
- R&D Establishments of Recognized Public or Private Sectors.
- Industrial Firms and Other Recognized Institutions.
Candidate can also work as Technical Staff.
2. Career Scope in JRF (Junior Research Fellowship)
· The candidate can go for research and do their research in CSIR Research Laboratories. CSIR has 38 laboratories in India.
· Scholarships are given to the top rankers of the CSIR NET exam.
· The stipend of a JRF selected through CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) will be Rs 25,000/ p.m for the first two years. In addition, annual contingent grant of Rs. 20,000/- per fellow will be provided to the University / Institution.
· Once you get upgraded to SRF, your stipend is increased to Rs 28000.
· The candidate can join DRDO Labs to Perform Research and Other Scientific Activities.
· Awards scheme is also there for the outstanding performance in the field of science and technology.
Get all the latest updates of CSIR Recruitment here : CSIR Recruitment
3. CSIR Presents 3 Famous Awards which are –
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology
2. G N Ramachandran Gold Medal for Excellence in Biological Sciences & Technology
3. CSIR Young Scientist Awards
· There are scopes in government sectors like PSUs, ISRO, BARC, IGCAR
· Tax relaxation during fellowship tenure.
· Candidate can move in private sector.
4. Another Career options for CSIR NET Qualified Candidates :
· Guest Faculty
· Lab Trainer
· Center Manager
· IP Lead
· Coaching Tutor — Online or Offline.
So we can say that there are lot of career opportunities available after qualifying the CSIR National Eligibility Test.