6 Time Management & Productivity Tips from Brian Tracy
Hello! Hope you were able to spend a restful long weekend with your loved ones.
Because it’s weeks away before June (pasukan na naman), let me share with you my kids’ night-before-school day routine and how this can help you become more productive too.
Every night after their evening bath, my son and daughter will go to their cabinets and pull out their uniforms, sando, underwear, hanky and socks.
They will carefully hang the uniform on a chair’s headrest, or some place where it won’t get all wrinkled, and put all the other stuff beside it, including their shoes and school IDs.
Once everything is prepared, that’s the only time they’ll go to bed.
BIG WIN ROUTINE
According to Robin Sharma, a leadership expert and best-selling author, when he studied the creative lives of massively productive people like Stephen King, John Grisham and Thomas Edison, he discovered they follow strict daily routines. (i.e., when they would get up, when they would start work, when they would exercise and when they would relax).
According to him, “Peak productivity’s not about luck. It’s about devotion.”
I have practiced the same routine when I was in elementary and doing so made me:
- sleep more soundly because my mind doesn’t have to subconsciously worry about the things I need to bring the next day (prepared na e!)
- I wake up feeling refreshed because my body is well-rested.
- energized. There’s nothing like a good night’s sleep
- And the bonus? I have at least 5 to 10 more minutes — sure na hindi ako late!
I did not realize it then, but preparing in advance has been one of my secrets in becoming organised & productive.
Preparing in advance is also one of the 6 Time Management Tips from thought leader and professional speaker Brian Tracy on how you can increase productivity and improve your organisational skills.
Here are two more:
- Schedule Your Time.
By planning out your day, week and month gives you the feeling of being in control of your life. You have a clear and direct path on what you need to do and when you want it achieved.
Did you know that Bo Sanchez plans out his YEAR? And this is one of his secrets why he seems to be able to do ‘everything’.
He’s in charge.
He’s in control.
He schedules his time.
He is productive.
2. Start Early.
“To increase productivity, start your day early. The more time you take to sit, think, and plan, the better organised you will be in every area of your life.
In the biographies and autobiographies of successful men and women, almost all of them have one thing in common. They developed great organisational skills and the habit of going to bed at a reasonable hour and rising early.”
Many successful people arise before sunrise and this buys them more time to think, meditate and plan for the coming day.
Complete list can be found here:
DO YOU WANT TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE?
Do you want to be more organised?
Do you want to be more productive?
Do you want to be successful in your business? In your virtual career? In life?
Do you really want to get out of where you are now?
- Defeat. You will be defeated by your ever so favourite Filipino mañana habit.
- Goals not met. All your life goals will be indefinite because of your inactions so as much as you want to go from Point A to Point B, walang mangyayari.
- Awesome pay. Yes, that’s not a typo. Yes, you’ve got an ‘awesome pay’ of P40k a month pero hindi kayo close ng mga anak mo. Then you blame ’teenage years’ as the culprit.
- Preschool pa lang ang anak mo pero hindi mo na siya kilala. Mas kilala pa siya ng yaya niya. You want proof? Watch this video: http://jhilario.com/knowyourkids
- Your health will deteriorate due to constant late night overwork and pollution. 13th month bonus? Ubos sa maintenance meds.
BONUS LESSONS FROM MAYWEATHER
Yes, I know you’re still dismayed about the defeat of our Pambansang Kamao.
But did you know that you can learn something valuable out of Mayweather’s win?
Do you know the success lesson he’s teaching you? The same lesson that is being taught by Tim Ferriss himself?
Do you want to know what it is?
Watch the replay here http://virtualcareersacademy.com/p/datewithfreedomvirtualcareerssummit
DO YOU PREPARE IN ADVANCE?
If you want to be a winner not just in your virtual career but most importantly in your life, then you must prepare for your future in advance.
And the best time to prepare?