Ideas for a Modernized, Transparent, Proof-of-Work Blockchain
Base: Latest Bitcoin Core implementation
SHA256 -> SHA3 universally (opcodes included)
Corrected Merkle Tree Implementation:
LWMA1 Difficulty Adjustment:
Block Header Improvements:
- Change `nVersion` to a `int16_t` bit sequence, saving 16 bits
- Remove `nBits` from block header, saving 32 bits (`uint32_t`)
- BIP34 active from Genesis / initial `nVersion` (with legacy-encoding patch applied: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14633)
- BIP34 height in coinbase `nLockTime` (instead of input script: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/75987/why-was-bip34-block-v2-height-in-coinbase-not-implemented-via-the-coinbase-tx)
- 64 bit `nNonce`, adding 32 bits (less frequent recalculation of Merkle Root)
Opcode Improvements: - Remove `OP_SHA1` - Use 12 `OP_NOP`s: `OP_NOP0`-`OP_NOP11` - (Keep…
The possibility of creating and selling one’s own creations has always been completely enticing, to the world. With the internet, Bitcoin, and a web of other related cryptocurrencies, it is now a real option.
I am excited to present a new pair of ways we can pay for files online. These allow any Bitcoin-style blockchain to have an address-watching backend that stores lightweight transaction receipts and responds by serving files.
The Paypercall repository is the most promising path to “adoption” thus far.
This repository lets you add Lightning Network payment invoicing to a normal HTTP user experience: https://github.com/ElementsProject/paypercall
Satoshi even had this desire in his whitepaper — but the feature was removed as part of layer one:
It can already be used for pay-to-send e-mail. ... If someone famous is getting more e-mail than they can read, but would still like to have a way for fans to contact them, they could set up Bitcoin and give out the IP address on their website. …
A concept for an Applied Computer Science curriculum.
No age or time constraints.
Phonics + Letters + Words + Numbers
English Vocabulary + Reading Aptitude
Arithmetic++ (http://www.vedicmaths.org) + Binary
Pre-Algebra + Geometry
BASIC Programming + Robotics Programming
Frontend Web Development + Design
Data Structures + Algorithms
Unix Programming + Cryptography Basics
Programming Languages + Design Patterns
Trigonometry + Complex Analysis
Linear Algebra + Differential Equations
Advanced Statistical Modeling
- 1 million pixels, 16 colors, 1 sat / px cost
So then I got to thinking, what can we learn or invent here?
- First: is there any incentive to cooperate (“live and let live”)? At some point, you cannot help but run over old art. If you’re rich enough, what would you do? Would you play? How destructive are you? Very, and rich? Go ahead. Classic.
- You could, due to the exacting nature of a pixel wall, present an…