Me + Your Manifesto = Love
I want to write a custom piece for you, your team, and/or someone you know. Something that gets you, your team, or someone you know moving — mentally, emotionally, and/or physically.
I want you to turn it into a poster and hang it in your conference room or in your workspace to get the gears of your company moving. I want you to print it out and tape it to your mirror so that you recite it every morning. I want you to email or fold it up and send it to a friend in need of a positive kick in the pants.
Here’s a few examples of reasons why you’d want to grab a commissioned piece…
- Your team is in a rut and has lost sight of their mission. They need a short manifesto that serves as a constant reminder of their goal.
- You’re tired of the work you’re doing and want to take it to the next level. You need an affirmation that keeps you aligned on your new mission and reminds you of the work you want to be doing.
- You need those perfect words to get you out of the creative slump you’ve been in.
- You’re looking for a holiday/birthday gift for your sister who has unseen gifts she should share with the world but needs something to remind her of her talent.
- Your friend has been out of work for some time and you want to help reacquaint him with his self-worth through a shareable written piece.
- You’ve been stressed to the max lately and need a meditative, affirmational piece to read as a mantra as you start and finish your day (written in the first-person for extra impact).
- You have a friend who’s just lost a loved one and you want to provide her with a piece that may help her gain closure.
- You’re going through a breakup and need a shot in the arm to get you back on the saddle.
With a commissioned piece, you’ll have me as your personal scribe to write an inspirational piece for whatever ails you, your team, or someone you know.
“I purchased one of Jonas’ commissioned pieces for my graduating students who I’ve been working with for a year now and they LOVED it! It brought about just the right feelings I was looking for, and they appreciated that I brought someone in to create a special thank you just for them.”
A couple things you should know…
1. I write these as stand-alone private Medium posts
Only those with the link (aka, you and anyone you email them to or share them with) can open them. They don’t show up anywhere on an online search or to Medium’s general readership.
(However, some people have copied/pasted to a file where they dress it up with cool designs and even cooler typeface(s) and print them out. — all I ask is that you credit me — if even in reeeeaaalllly small type at the bottom.)
2. The piece will be authored by me
This is not for selfish reasons (well, not entirely). I do this, especially for folks buying commissioned pieces for friends and loved ones. Words like these are often better stated by a third party. It relieves the giver of the piece to remain more objective as opposed to the one behind the pen. Less pressure that way.
It’s nice to be able to say, “I found this piece from a writer I really like,” rather than, “I wrote this piece for you.” — puts some distance between the two of you and helps you avoid coming off as one of those annoying ‘holier-than-thou’ kinds of people.
3. The length of the piece is up to me
I claim full creative license over the length of the piece. (However, you can let me know what you’d like, and I’ll totally consider it.)
I don’t work on word count. Sometimes, a longer essay is needed. But in the off-chance that I can deliver the perfect message in one, powerful sentence or paragraph, often times, that’s all people need (and the shorter ones take the longest to write).
“How do we go about this?”
Easy peasy. Here’s the step-by-step…
- You’ll see a link to the form below. In that form, you’ll give me your basic personal information, who the piece is for, and what the scoop is.
- I’ll email you back and let you know if it’s a go or not. I’m working on a first-come, first-served basis. Also, if I don’t think I’ll be able to write an exceptional piece for your situation (or your friend’s/ family’s situation), I’ll kindly decline.
- If all systems are a go, after I read through your questionnaire, I’ll send you a paypal invoice.
- Once you’ve taken care of that, I’ll put you in the lineup (first paid — first served) and get cracking on your piece ASAP.
The price of a commissioned piece is $150.
I don’t rush these. I take what you’d like me to write about into deep contemplation before I put words onto the page. Some of them, I may sit with for hours or days before even starting. Usually, they wake me up at night as an idea hits.
You’ll get a fully custom piece. No duplicates. No copy/paste templates. Fully fresh, from me to you.
“What do I do with it once I get it?”
When I’m done with it, I’ll email you the private Medium link to the piece. You can keep the link, copy/paste it wherever you want, download it, and share it with whoever you want. If you’d like to share it on social media, feel free.
As far as edits go, you’ll get one round of light edits. Just email me back and let me know if you have any.
“Alrighty. How do I get this ball rolling?”
Here’s that handy dandy form I was talking about. Just fill ‘er out, submit it, and you’ll be hearing back from me in the next week or so.
Any questions, get at me here.
I look forward to writing for you.