Switching Gears: I’m Available for Projects
I started writing the first code for Storenvy in the Spring of 2008. So that means I’ve been full-time on Storenvy for 7.5 years as of this writing. I’ve recently decided that I’m ready for some new challenges. So I’m scaling back my day-to-day involvement with Storenvy, and opening up my time for other part-time projects.
In my almost 8 years as the CEO of Storenvy, I’ve also coded most of the application myself. I’ve run product, overseen design, handled in-network moments of crisis, worked with integration partners such as PayPal and Stripe, and single-handedly raised $7M from top-tier VCs.
I’d love to connect with companies in need of consulting or expertise in any of the following areas:
- Marketplace Dynamics: I’ve been building, tweaking, and learning about the mechanisms of building a peer-to-peer marketplace. I can probably save you years of mistakes.
- UX Design: I’ve designed onboarding flows, browsing experiences, and more. I can help your customers do what they want to do as quickly and easily as possible.
- Branding: I developed the Storenvy brand, logo, values, and voice. I can help your company express its value in a way that is meaningful to your customers.
- Strategy: I know how to develop a long-term and short-term strategy for your small, resource-constrained company.
- Product: I conceived of, wire-framed, and lead the development of nearly all of the Storenvy product including the Marketplace, store building, merchant admin panel, Facebook storefront app, and more.
- Fundraising: I can’t guarantee you that I can raise you money, but I’ve built successful investor pitches and helped other companies with their decks.
- Ruby on Rails: I’ve been writing large-scale, test-driven, elegant Ruby on Rails applications for 9 years. I can’t build your whole app, but I can help solve big problems.
- Moral support & Hugs: Being a founder of an early-stage company is hard. Trust me, I know. If you’re dealing with a hard problem you don’t know how to solve, I may be able to help.