My perfect job and perfect workplace
This is my job and workplace manifesto.
The ideal place I would enjoy going every single day for the rest of my life.
It’s a working document so it is subject to change.
- ownership is the result of autonomy and mastery.
- horizontal structures are way cooler than vertical.
- people should be first.
- profit should be treated as a side-effect not a goal.
- we should make the world today better than it was yesterday.
- people take care of the organisation when the organisation takes care of them first.
- ego is our worst enemy.
- culture should be treated as a product.
I know this to be true…
- life is short.
- life becomes shorter if you have unhealthy habits.
- life is meaningless without being able to share it with our loved ones.
- ego destroys organisations.
- culture can be treated as a product.
I want to work in a place where…
- the first thing we do in the office is watch a TED talk and comment it.
- there are no managers, only leaders.
- people are empowered to take decisions, even if they result in new learnings.
- we help our colleagues build their side-job and invest in them.
- we have a “barceptionist” that prepares great espressos and leads the culture of the office.
- we don’t need policies, because we hire correctly and rectify soon.
- we don’t need compliance, because we have engagement.
- we don’t need HR. We have departments of people that love helping other people.
- you are allowed to bring your complete self to work except for your ego. Your ego can stay at the door entrance.
- my working space is customised by myself.
- I know each colleague by his or her name.
- there are no maximum holidays, only minimum.
- we make things happen.
- you are either in or out.
- everything is honest and transparent. Even salaries.
- culture is treated as a product.
I want to…
- build that place with the help of awesome people.