Google Fonts Won’t Work in React Native App — It Does Now!
I read the docs…followed them step-by-step…asked for help from a friend on Slack…diagramed it and outlined it in my notebook…
Could not. Get it. To work…
Until now. And to be honest, I don’t know how. It worked after re-building it multiple (5?) times. Is 5 the magic mystery development number?
Here’s how I went about solving this problem today:
- Go through the articles and follow the steps, step-by-step. That part is pretty easy.
- Set the stage for what the problem is and make a guess as to what it might be. In this case I guessed the builds weren’t working, as evidenced by how I tried to solve it.
- Tested other cases using other fonts to ensure it wasn’t a file-specific problem.
- Closed, opened, ran, and re-ran all the things. Still…nothing.
- Talked to a friend on slack and he suggested I look at and make sure the file names and the fontFamily name were the same. They were?
- Ran the build one more time…it works!
Literally called the barista over that was wiping down tables in the coffee shop to show her that it worked. #remotelife
5 hours of trouble-shooting and problem-solving gets you: