Introducing Single Origin
I am obsessed with coffee. It has more tasting notes than wine, energizes you, and turns out to be a pretty healthy beverage.
Brewing craft coffee is tricky. It requires math, timing, and attention to detail. It’s the kind of problem easily solved with an app, but I’ve found that existing coffee apps do not address these problems well.
So, over the past two years, I’ve built and iterated on three separate coffee apps. Through time, I’ve learned a lot about what makes a great coffee app, and today I’d like to introduce Single Origin.
Single Origin teaches you how to use a variety of brew methods, like Chemex, Aeropress, and French Press. While brewing, there are many features to help you reach perfection:
- ⚙️ Customize your brew by inputting the amount of coffee you’re brewing.
- ⌚️ Timers and water amounts adjust to the amount of coffee you entered.
- 🚰 Evenly pour water while brewing with pour tracking.
- 📝 Log each brew with a rating and notes, so that you can improve over time.
- 🥇 Gain achievements along the way.
- 📹 Every recipe includes videos of each step.