Cyber Monday- How to rule the Roost
As much as we all huff and puff at the detrimental effects of technology on our society, never have online shoppers been primed with so many apps and sites to saved hundreds of dollars over the Holiday season.
This holiday season let the internet work for you before you wrestle through several sites or hop between retail outlets.
Experts estimate it will take less than 5 minutes for you to arm yourself with the knowledge to rule the roost this holiday.
1. Google Product Search- This comparison website scans across similar sites and provides you with a real time best price and even the stores in your area that are carrying the item.
2. Coupon Codes- One of the biggest hidden gems on the internet is coupon codes. For this, Google is your best friend. Simply type in the product name or the retailer you are looking to use, then add “+ coupon code” at the end. You may need to try 4 or 5 codes before it works but often the savings are upward of 15% which is substantial for large ticket items. One of the best sites for codes is Retailmenot
3. ShopSavvy- From a mobile perspective, Shop Savvy is at the top of the game and it’s free. Simply scan the barcode of the item you are looking to purchase and you get a cross section look in seconds. As well, you can get reviews, make lists, or best of all you can set up alerts when a price drop occurs for the item you have in mind.
Simply type in the product name or the retailer you are looking to use, then add “+ coupon code” at the end. You may need to try 4 or 5 codes before it works but often the savings are upward of 15% which is substantial for large ticket items.
4. Credit Card Rewards- We all like to use plastic for our purchases this season but often the card we use isn’t the best for that specific purchase. Enter the free app, Reward Summit. Just enter which cards you use and the app will tell you which is the best to use for that specific purchase so that you can maximize rewards such as travel and cash back.
5. Framestr- Looking to get cash back for sharing holiday recommendations? This social media platform lets you share products with friends via a unique user link and earn a cash reward if a sale is made. A great way to get some rebates in this cash draining season.
Finally, the best method of all, price matching. Many of the large retailers will price match when you show themthe price their competitor is offering. When in doubt, ask. You will be surprised how flexible store managers can be in this regard.