Jose, if our government would give you permanent residency or pathway to citizenship today would…
Steve Beatty

Oh absolutely. But aside from asking a Congressional member to sponsor a private bill for me — which would make me an exception, and which I decided 5 years ago not to pursue — there is no process in place to adjust and legalize my status.

Show your support

Clapping shows how much you appreciated Jose Antonio Vargas’s story.