“We would be honored if you would join us.”
I had to start this blog off with a Star Wars reference. This will be a continual theme throughout this blog.
This is a bit of a welcoming article (since I am not even sure what I will be writing about yet) but I just had to get the ball rolling. I figure I will most likely talk about my adventures in coding, my clients for web design, my latest project Challenger, and my life in general.
Speaking of my life in general, a word about me: I am a homeschooled punk from Long Island, New York (world’s best Island) who has big aspirations but still tries to enjoy the little things in life (often the most important). I have had a plethora of great experiences as well as bad ones (though my life has infinitely more awesomeness than dullness, stupidity, or suffering), and I consider myself to be a very, very lucky kid.
You do have your moments. Not many, but you have them.
— Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher. May the force be with her)
A brief summary of my life:
- I was “not of woman born” (born through c-section).
- I was slow to walk; not so with running, much to my parent’s dismay.
- I failed a kindergarten reading test (even though I already knew how to read.)
- I started homeschooling in 2009 after telling my Mom that I wasn’t learning anything in school. (This is where my life gets really interesting.)
- I developed a great interest in math as soon as I started homeschooling because my brain was being used for once.
- I became an avid singer and was even a professional opera singer for the NYCO
- I started coding in 2011 and haven’t stopped since (although I only got serious 2 years ago).
- I have acted in numerous unabridged Shakespeare plays since I was 8 (parts such as Puck in Midsummer, Marc Antony in Caesar, Touchstone and Oliver in As You Like It, Malcolm in Macbeth, Caliban in The Tempest, and Cornwall in King Lear). I consider this to be not too bad for someone who is more of a STEM person.
- I took a dog everywhere with me for a year (this will be a special blog post).
- And more…. too much to type kind of more.
I will definitely have to talk about my painful school experience. So that’s about it. I will definitely maybe post once weekly, but usually more. If you don’t believe me…
Discover & Share this Star Wars GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.giphy.com