Recently we did an investment analysis on Stockholm and found that $1,4 billion was invested in 2016 alone.
Investments have skyrocketed, attracting more than half of everything that was invested in the entire Nordics.
But with all this focus on investments it might be wise to start talking about the impact. What are all these investments in Stockholm generating?
Together with The Nordic Web we made the very first Exit Analysis of Stockholm. This is unique insight that we haven’t had before, and it really shows the strength of the Stockholm tech scene.
- There were 49 exits in 2016.
- The exits in 2016 amounted to $1,75 billion.
- Stockholm had 58% of the total exit value in the Nordics.
- There were 16 VC backed exits in 2016.
- IPOs and acquisition are rapidly increasing and are at an all time high.
- Some of the biggest and most notable companies in the world are acquiring companies from Stockholm in different stages.
- We can expect higher exit numbers in the years to come.
These are impressive facts and figures by any measure. Some of the biggest tech exits in the world have been from Stockholm — a city with a population of less than a million people.
See the full infograph below: