I Will Kick Your Ass on Facebook
“FREEDOM of Speech” is a concept in America’s constitution. It’s not a concept on my Facebook wall.
I’m pretty laid back and easy going. I also enjoy a healthy give and take when it comes to discussing social justice issues — including politics.
But I’ve noticed a trend lately among Trump supporters. They don’t seem to have the ability, or intellect, to carry on a decent, mature conversation.
1. Retreat into name calling if the questions are too hard.
2. Turn to insults when they can’t justly their position on something, and
3. Are consistently unable to provide any type of source to support their position.
Beginning today, I am going to block anyone, Trump supporter or not, who :
- Resorts to name calling — — such a third — grade tactic anyway,
2. Starts to fire off insults at either me or someone else in the topic thread, and,
3. Is unable to give a reasonable source on which they base their opinion. No, the Onion doesn’t count as a reasonable source.
I’m not bothered as much by the thought of Trump being nominated by his party as I am by Trump supporters. Even if Trump wins the election, the most he’ll be around is right years. His apparently bigoted, racist supporters will be around long after Trump has left the scene.
If there is one thing I’d like Trump supporters to understand, it would be something Senator Moynihan said :
You are entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts.
Join the million-or-so who follow me on Twitter @ Journey_America