Something Was Wrong — Jamie Dimon
Dimon said he was worried that “something was wrong” in the US and there are six issues holding back economic growth.
I love Jamie, he always has a pulse on what’s going on, from fintech to economy. You can read his recent letter to shareholders (40 pages is a skim!)
Or you can read the 6 issues he highlighted below.
“It is clear that something is wrong — and it’s holding us back. Many economists believe we are now permanently relegated to slower growth and lower productivity (they say that secular stagnation is the new normal), but I strongly disagree.”
- Labor force participation is too low.
- Education is leaving too many behind.
- Infrastructure needs planning and investment.
- Our corporate tax system is driving capital and brains overseas.
- Excessive regulations reduce growth and business formation.
- The lack of economic growth and opportunity has led to deep and understandable frustration among so many Americans.