82% of B2B and B2C companies use email marketing technology, making it one of the popular marketing channels out there. The reasons behind it are:
● From an ROI perspective, for every $1 spent, email marketing generates $38.
● More than 34% of the people worldwide use email.
● It is fairly easy to set-up and run these campaigns.
Email marketing a very effective channel with a lot of competition. Most people consider the email inbox as their personal space. They get annoyed easily when it is being bombarded with marketing emails (especially when it sounds like a bot).
Making your emails stand out is not an easy task anymore. Email marketers need to dedicate time and effort to understand the psychology of recipients. This will help them come up with campaigns that connect with their recipients on an emotional level.
Here are a few psychological hacks to influence your consumers’ decision and tilt it in your favor:
1. Pay close attention to the colors you use
According to colorpsychology.org, each color has an association with a reaction our brain has when we internalize it. Colours are so influential that almost 90% of purchase decisions made about certain products are based on their them alone.
Marketers need to be careful about the email layout and the font colour. Each colour has different psychological properties — it represents something or it evokes a particular feeling, etc.
Let’s have a look at the some of the positive and negative values major colours represent.
Here are a few tips to use colours to your advantage in email marketing:
● Make sure the colour of the email layout and the font fit with your email’s purpose. For example, if you are providing a discount offer, having a lot of green or gold makes sense, as it represents money and growth.