Good news, everyone! We’ve spent the last couple of years thinking, rethinking, and re-rethinking Membrane. Our goal was to create a truly amazing swiss-army knife for programmers, and we’re incredibly excited to show you our creation.
- Orthogonal Persistence. Membrane programs are persistent, they can run for hours, days, or years, but there’s no need to worry about saving state to a database! A Membrane program _is_ a database! Yeah, crazy, unless you’re a Smalltalk fan, of course.
- Unified GraphQL-based APIs. Membrane removes the need to repeatedly learn individual APIs by exposing a unified interface to access and control all data, databases, or APIs. Connectors are open source so that anyone can build their own.
- Security is built-in and fine-grained. Our capabilities-based system lets you share access to as little as a single spreadsheet cell or as much as your entire Stripe account. You decide.
- Instant deploys. Just run
$ mctl update my-amazing-programor use our snappy VS Code integration.
- Logs and tracing come out of the box. Always know what’s going on. If it’s not logged, it didn’t happen.
- VS Code integration. The entire thing is built right into Visual Studio Code. Imagine having autocomplete for Github, Twitter, Slack, Airtable, AWS, your bots, your life, you get the point.
- And a bunch of exciting features, but let’s not spoil it.
Here is a sneak peek of the VS Code integration:
Finally, we’re building a community for Membrane on Discord! Come talk to us at https://discord.gg/4RHyJDV8kj