Frontend Fridays 🥃 #1
Olá, hola, hello!
Weekly Picks is back and now in public version!!!
As you can see I changed its name to “Frontend Fridays” so we can start fresh 🍃 (I just hope you like it and I can keep with it)
Publishing these on Fridays will allow me to collect interesting stuff over the week and keep it chill.
Don’t forget that you can contribute too –just ask how.
Frontend Fridays will be divided in 3 major sections:
- Development: html, css, js, frameworks, tools, etc.
- Design: research, visual, tools, ux, ixd, product, etc.
- Worth Mentioning: other cool or interesting stuff.
- 🔥🔥🔥 must –must– read
- 🔥🔥 must read
- 🔥 should read
- and if it makes it to the list, it’s good to read
So, it’s been a long time since the last newsletter and there has been –soooooo– many things happening in the frontend “wild wild west”, that I find it very hard to chose where to start.
Friendly reminder: not every article is exclusively new, it’s just interesting.
- 🔥🔥🔥 Connect: behind the front-end experience
- 🔥🔥 Frontend Guide for large teams
- 🔥🔥🔥 Webpack 3: Official Release!!
- 🔥🔥 Intro to Vue.js: Rendering, Directives, and Events | CSS-Tricks
- 🔥🔥 Styled-components v2
- React LifeCycle cheatsheet
- Creating truly universal React component systems
- The Service Worker Lifecycle
- Composing Software: An Introduction
- 🔥 Getting Started — Learn Next.js
- Six things to consider when designing for the command line
- How Flexbox works — explained with big, colorful, animated gifs
- Working with Junior Developers
- One Weird Trick to Lose Size
- 🔥 The npm Blog — v5.0.0
- 🔥🔥🔥 Defining Product Design: A Dispatch from Airbnb’s Design Chief
- 🔥🔥 Principle of least astonishment
- Technology Imitates Art — Typeform blog
- 🔥🔥 Rethinking Responsive Design
- 🔥🔥🔥 DesignOps at Airbnb — Airbnb Design
- Space in Design Systems
- Consider these variables before you choose a UX research method
- How to create animations that scale for all devices | Creative Bloq
- UX master Jared Spool evolves our thinking on design maturity and product vision | TechCrunch
- Fontjoy — Generate font pairings in one click
- 🔥🔥 The Way We Build — Airbnb Design
- Time Traveling with Enterprise Applications
¡Feels great to be back!
I’d love to hear what you’ve been working on and –of course– some suggestions.
*If you’d like to keep in touch more frequently, I’m very active on twitter @_juanmnl regarding frontend and design stuff.*
Have an awesome weekend,