Need to set up an ERC-20 compatible wallet to participate in the Blinked [BLKD] Token sale? MetaMask is more than just an Ether wallet, it’s an Ethereum browser and has all of the same functions, features and ease of access that a regular Ethereum wallet offers. (It also allows you to run Ethereum DApps right in your browser without running a full Ethereum node, for those extra crypto-savvy participants). Ready to get started? Before we begin, make sure you have a Google Chrome browser installed on your computer. Once you’re ready, follow the steps below:
1. Install the MetaMask plugin to your Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on the “+ ADD TO CHROME” button to add the plugin to Chrome.
3. Confirm by clicking “Add extension.”
4. A new tab will open and the MetaMask plugin will display at the top right of your Chrome browser. Click on it. (You’ll notice a new beta version is offered of MetaMask. We recommend using the regular version for the time being.)
5. Scroll down and click “Accept” if you agree with the MetaMask Privacy Notice.
7. Choose a strong password and click “Create.” (Make sure to keep it safe.)
8. MetaMask will display a 12-word recovery key, also called “Seed Words.” Please make sure you save it in a secure place. These 12 words can be used to gain access to your wallet. Once you’ve saved your 12-word recovery key, click on “I’VE COPIED IT SOMEWHERE SAFE.”
9. Your wallet has been created and the MetaMask screen should look like this.
10. To find your wallet address, click on the three dots on the right and click “Copy Address to clipboard,” as shown below:
11. Open a blank word document or notepad file and then paste whatever has been copied onto that page. You should expect to see something like this:
(Sample Ethereum wallet address:) 0x8D2846610baA1376C71A526C1DD706A5A5F60773
Now you’re ready to fund your account. Ready to go? See How to Participate in the Blinked Token Sale. To view BLKD Token already purchased in your MetaMask wallet, head straight to Step 6 of How to Participate in the Blinked Token Sale.
- Please be careful while you execute each of the steps mentioned above. If you lose your Seed Words/Recovery key, you will not be able to restore your wallet on a different computer. If your MetaMask sessions gets logged out, you will not be able to access any assets stored.
- You’re the only one who has control over your assets. If you lose your Seed Words/Recovery key, Blinked will not be able to restore access to your wallet under any circumstances. This is a basic property of the Ethereum blockchain and no one (including Ethereum developers) can gain control or access your assets without having a private key from your wallet.
- Your Seed Words/Recovery key can be used to reset your password, but it doesn’t work the other way.
- Beware! Blinked will never ask you for your Seed Words/Recovery key under any circumstances.
This content is provided for informational purposes only. You are responsible for conducting your own reserach and analysis before installing a wallet and/or participating in any kind of token sale. Blinked is not liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, in connection with any damage, expense or other loss you may suffer arising out of such information.