CHILI FISH — INDIAN CHINESE CHILI FISH
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 4
· 250 gram of cut into small cubes, De-boned fish (any fish with a firm flesh would do)
· 3 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon of cornflour / corn starch
· 3 tablespoon of maida / plain flour
· 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
· 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder
· 1 capsicum / bell pepper, cubed
· ½ to 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
· 1 teaspoon of green chili sauce
· A small bunch of spring onions or coriander leaves, chopped fine.
How to make chili fish :
- Make a thick batter of 3 tablespoon cornflour + flour + 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste + salt + pepper powder + water.
2. Dip the fish pieces in this and shallow fry in oil until golden brown ( in small batches without crowding the pan).
3. Drain and set aside.
4. In the same oil, add the onions and capsicum. When the onions start to turn pink, add the ginger garlic paste and saute until fragrant.
5. Turn heat to high and add the soya sauce, chili sauce and tomato sauce (keep them ready by your side to prevent the rest of the dish burning).
6. Mix well and reduce heat. Add the fried fish pieces.
7. Mix well and cook on low heat. Meanwhile, mix the 1 teaspoon cornflour in 4 tablespoon water without lumps. Add to the fish mixture and cook until the sauce thickens and coats the fish.
8. Add chopped coriander leaves or spring onions and remove from stove.
Serve chili fish hot with fried rice. Contact More Fresh SeaFish in Chennai kadalunavu.com