PRAWN DRUMSTICK CURRY
- Prawn — 500 grams.
- Drumstick — 1 long.
- Onions — 2 medium.
- Ginger Garlic Paste — 1/2 teaspoon.
- Tomatoes — 1 medium.
- Tamarind — 1 medium lemon size.
- Chili Powder — 1 teaspoon.
- Coriander Powder — 1 teaspoon.
- Mustard Seeds — 1/2 teaspoon.
- Curry leaves few.
- Salt to taste.
- Oil — 1 to 2 teaspoon
METHOD TO PREPARE:
- Clean the prawns and let it drain. Soak the tamarind and extract the pulp.
- Get all the preparation work done and then heat a pan with oil.
- Once the oil is hot, temper with curry leaves and mustard seeds. Then add chopped onions. Fry till it starts sweating. Then add ginger garlic paste. Fry till it becomes brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, fry well till it starts getting soft. Add the salt, turmeric chili and coriander powder. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then add the drumstick and cover with lid. After 5 minutes, remove and add the prawns. Fry for 2 minutes. Add the tamarind water. Cook for 2 minutes. Then add 1 cup of water and bring to boil. Then add the drumstick and cover with lid. After 5 minutes, remove and add the prawns. Fry for 2 minutes. Add the tamarind water. Cook for 2 minutes. Then add 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, simmer and cover with lid, cook for 10 minutes.
- Since processed prawns are used, it doesn’t require much cooking time.
- Serve with Rice, Poori or Roti.
- Make sure it’s not too tangy but right enough by mixing tomatoes and tamarind pulp.
Contact More kadalunavu.com