Andela Simulations: Key to EPICness
It is entirely possible for a man to swallow an elephant one bite at a time, and it will make him a bigger, strong man, too. But he cannot swallow it all at once and he must reject the ivory, in any event.-Frank Cody
It’s been said that success is predictable if you apply proven success principles or methods in whatever you do. If you consistently and persistently do the things that other successful people do or apply success principles in whatever you do, you’re not too far from greatness.
Greatness for me, at the moment, is to be a successful world class developer and Andela Simulations is major stage in the process. This is the stage I get to work on software development projects (e.g. web applications) individually and also, with a team. It’s tough, demanding and onerous but, like I always say to my self anytime I’m stretched,
What doesn’t kill me, only make makes me stronger.
Luckily for me, I’m not on my own in this journey. I’ve got the entire support of the Technology and Learning department and various support systems (i.e. Mentoring from Senior Andela Fellows) are in place as well. Looks like everyone is interested in my success at Andela.
My deliverables include, but not limited to:
- Working knowledge of relevant technology stacks used in the simulations.
- Completed checkpoints(projects/task).
- Daily standups.
- Adherence to best-practices in all I do.
- Exhibit the Andela core values(Excellence, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration).
So how am I going to eat this elephant? One bite at a time and that boils down to:
- Adequate planning and strategies.
- Prioritizing tasks.
- Break tasks into bits and solve them as fast and as effective as possible.
- Seek help when faced with challenges and give feedback.
- A positive and growth mindset at all times.
I cannot claim to have everything figured out at the beginning, but I know I’ll be a better person at the end of it.