Dating Laws — A Work in Progress
“Man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. Society is something that precedes the individual. Anyone who either cannot lead the common life or is so self-sufficient as not to need to, and therefore does not partake of society, is either a beast or a god.”
― Aristotle, Politics
Given above statement is true, you’d would think social interactions would be as easy as falling off a log. And you’d be terribly horribly wrong. Being fairly new to the dating world, I have stumbled upon several do’s and don’ts I would like to keep a running list of. I will add as I learn more:
- Don’t go too fast.
- Don’t go too slow.
- Highlight — Importance of reciprocation.
- Brutal honesty not okay at first stage of the game.
- The who pays the bill dance is a must on first dates.
- First kisses are the worst 60% of the time.
- It’s not okay to tell someone you’ve never met that you are a crazy stalker. Huh, who would have known?!
- It’s not okay to ask someone you’ve only been on three dates with to be your “sensei” in terms of sexual activities (But why not?! I am disappointed. I was trying to apply the concept of the movie Two Night Stand into the real-life dating)
- Do NOT leave your favourite pair of earring at your dates place. You will never get them back. NEVER!
- Unless you want to burn out fast, nonstop texting for 3 weeks is perhaps not the way to go.
- Don’t mention stuff they didn’t actually tell you that you found on the internet.
- Keep an eye out for movie references. It’s game over if you miss an important one.