The purpose of the Hall of Fame for Kaneland District #302 is to recognize and honor alumni, staff members, organizations and supporters who have demonstrated excellence and commitment of service to District #302 communities and have each proven themselves to be an inspiration and role-model to our students. Recognition may also be given to others who have given meritorious service to Kaneland District #302.
New Hall of Fame inductees will be honored at either an athletic contest during the 2016–2017 school year or during the months of May or June at one of our many end-of-year celebrations.
All community members, staff and friends of Kaneland are encouraged to nominate individuals or groups in one of the following Hall of Fame categories:
1. SERVICE — Kaneland High School graduates who have contributed significantly to their community, state or country and have been out of school for at least ten (10) years.
2. PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT — Kaneland graduates who have been honored or recognized by their college/university, profession or peers for their success and achievements and who have been out of school for at least ten (10) years.
3. EXTRA-CURRICULAR — Former extra-curricular participants or teams in non-athletic activities who were recognized for excellence by their organization or team. In addition, the participant(s) received honors in one or all of the following: All-Conference, -District, -Sectional, -State or -American. These nominees must have graduated from Kaneland High School and have been out of school for at least ten (10) years.
4. COMMITMENT — Past or present staff members who worked at Kaneland for a minimum of ten (10) years and who, through their employment at Kaneland, have demonstrated their deep commitment to Kaneland students, parents, and/or staff.
5. FRIEND OF KANELAND — Those who have given meritorious service to Kaneland and/or one or more of its schools for many years or have been a loyal friend to Kaneland and/or one or more of its schools. Kaneland staff members are not excluded from this category. However, nominations of Kaneland staff members in this category shall be for something other than what they achieved as an employee.
6. ATHLETIC TEAMWORK — A Kaneland High School team or organization that demonstrated outstanding achievement, which may include record status or state recognition, at least ten (10) years prior to selection. Teams shall be inducted in the order of the magnitude of their achievements.
7. INDIVIDUAL ATHLETIC ACHIEVEMENT — Former athletic participants who were recognized for excellence by their organization or team. In addition, the participant(s) received honors in one or all of the following: All-Conference, -District, -Sectional, -State or -American. These nominees must have graduated from Kaneland High School and have been out of school for at least ten (10) years.
8. SPECIAL RECOGNITION — A former Kaneland student who has been recognized by their community or peers for their success, contributions and achievements.
Any member of the community, alumni or staff may submit individuals for nomination to the committee. Nomination materials must include the nomination form and a detailed resume or summary of the person’s qualifications for nomination and contact information. It may also include a letter or narrative supporting the nomination. The submission deadline date is December 1, 2016.
If you would like to make a nomination, please fill out the online nomination form. Or if you prefer, you may download a copy on our website or by calling Beth Sterkel in the Superintendent’s Office at 630–365–5111, ext. 71109
Individuals making nominations via paper, should send the nomination form, resume and/or biography of the individual or group and their achievements or contributions to:
Hall of Fame Committee
Kaneland CUSD #302
47W326 Keslinger Road
Maple Park, IL 60151