9 Ways To Show Off Your Beautiful Brown Eyes
Colored contact lenses are pretty cool, but they’re absolutely no match for naturally beautiful brown eyes that most Pinays are blessed with. Here, a few makeup tips you should know to easily show off and accentuate your brown peepers.
- Use colored liners.Going for liners in purples and blues will make your brown eyes pop even more, because they will create a subtle contrast on your lids.
2. Open up your eyes with an eggplant-colored mascara. Not only is the purple hue a fun way to add color to your look, but it will also accentuate your brown eyes.
3. Play with metallic colors. If you have really dark brown eyes, using shimmery shadows and liners will make them appear a little lighter. When you’re not in the mood to do your regular eye makeup, simply use a wash of gold eye shadow all over your lids. The specs of glitter in the shadow will make your eyes ~sparkle~, making you look more awake.
4. Blend in black shadow into your crease for bolder looks. Want your eye makeup to stand out more? Just don’t forget to blend it evenly and properly. If you’re scared to use black shadow, use a deep brown shade instead.
5. Go blue. Not a lot of people can pull off blue eye makeup without looking like a confused teenager from the ’90s. If you have brown eyes, however, you can totally get away with using cobalt and navy blue eye makeup if done the right way.
For starters, you can use a metallic blue or aqua liner on your lower lashline to add some color to your look — this one’s perfect for day to day makeup.
For a nighttime look, use a bold blue liquid or gel liner to create a fun and sexy cat eye. Go the extra mile and swipe on some blue mascara while you’re at it. Now you’re ready to party.
6. Use a champagne liner. You’ve heard of using a white eyeliner on your lower waterline to make your eyes appear bigger, but using a stark white liner might look a bit too harsh against your dark eyes. Try using a champagne or metallic pink eyeliner instead. It’s fun!
7. Conceal the under eye area. Dark under eyes can definitely ruin your look. Use a full-coverage concealer to hide your dark circles and instantly brighten the area.
8. Update your smoky eye. The next time you create a smoky eye, stay away from the traditional blacks and grays. Go for purples, golds, or metallic browns instead.
9. Keep everything else simple. Because you want your eyes to be the focus of your makeup, keep the rest of your look simple. Go for a soft and dewy base, subtle blush and bronzer, and nude pink lips.