729 days later…
Memories on Facebook reminded me that I left Airbnb and full-time employment exactly two years ago today!
I found myself tearing up in bed this morning overcome with mixed feelings of impatience and immense gratitude. It all felt a bit confusing to be honest.
There are some days that I wake up not knowing what the f*** I’m doing and there are other days that I know I’m exactly where I need to be.
So I started making a list of what I’ve personally committed to. I came up with the following:
- A LOT of self development
- Articulating and living in alignment with my personal values
- Holding space and time for myself and my tribe
- Learning how to live with less anxiety and more ease
- Taking action from a place of joy
- Integrating my “work” identity with the rest of my identity
- Creating a new relationship with my mind and body
- Appreciating how lucky I am to have the opportunity to do all of the above
I’m still traveling on this unknown road. Unclear where I’ll land next but for now, I’m building more resilience and serendipity into my life by trusting my intuition and making more heart forward choices.
My curiosity and search for purpose has led me on many adventures and here are a few of the highlights thus far —
- Joined Classpass — starting a consistent exercise practice.
- Experimented with a 28 day elimination diet
- Completed a five week “Find Your Passion” program
- Consulted for a failed and thriving startup
- Started volunteering at the SPCA
- Produced a set of greeting cards; along with a full brand and website
- Traveled to Tulum, Playa Del Carmen, Isla Holbox, New York, Philly, Chicago, Fairfield (Iowa), Kauai, Portland, Boulder, Los Angeles, Maui Hong Kong, Sabah (Borneo), Ubud, Tokyo, Hakone, Nikko, Kyoto, Osaka, Naoshima, Teshima, Island of Shikoku, Sydney, Hunter Valley, Melbourne and Byron Bay
- Hang glided for the first time
- Completed two #The100DayProjects
- Started the “Lovely Ladies of Noe Valley Book Club”
- Took Brene Brown’s CourageWORKS course
- Created a beautiful home space with my amazing partner
- Completed a six week “Intro to Potter’s Wheel” class through Clay by the Bay
I’m currently training to be a Co-Active Coach through CTI in hopes that I’ll be able to work with others such as myself, that are committed to more clarity and fulfillment in their own lives.
If you’re interested in personal sabbaticals, getting in touch with your own personal values or want to grab a coffee and catch up — I’d love to hear from you. More to come…