Anjeer(figs) uses for health
Figs or Anjeer as it is popularly referred to in India originated in Arabia. It grows well in areas
with hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters. Although considered a fruit, it is actually an inverted
flower and its seeds are the real fruit. It is a nutrient rich fruit which can be consumed in fresh
or dried from.Figs or anjeer is a lusciously sweet fruit with a texture that combines the chewiness
of its flesh, the smoothness of its skin,and the crunchiness of its seeds.Figs is one of the fruits
high in vitamin,mineral and fiber content.Dried figs (anjeer) are available throughout the year and
are grow on the ficus carica tree which belongs to the mulberry family. Beside this figs have lots
of health benifits which are given below:
1. Strengthen Bones — Figs are rich source calcium which helps in strengthening the bones.
2. Good for Diabetic Patients: Fig leaves and fruit are both healthy snack options for diabetics. Fig
leaves reduce the amount of insulin needed by diabetic patients who are insulin dependent. Being
rich in potassium this fruit is useful to control blood sugar levels.
3. Helps in weight loss: Apart from being rich in fibre, dried figs are low in calories. One piece
of dried fig gives you just 47 calories. And, you obtain only 0.2 grams of total fat per dried fig.
So, dried figs are an ideal snack for people who want to lose weight.
4. Rich in antioxidants: Dried figs are rich in antioxidants. A study by Vinson JA and colleagues
suggested that processed, dried figs are superior to natural figs when it comes to antioxidants.
The study also mentions that dried figs have superior quality of antioxidants, called phenols, compared
to other fruits that attribute their antioxidant property to vitamin C and E.
5. Colon Cancer: Fiber present in figs is useful to flush out all the harmful toxins from the body
including cancer causing substances. Regular bowel movement and flushing out of toxins can prevent
6. Coronary Heart Disease — Dried figs contain phenol, Omega-3 and Omega-6 which are fatty acids
highly effective in significantly reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
7. Fights Bladder Stones: Bladder stone can be caused due to accumulation of mineral deposit in the
bladder. Concentrated fig juice is a good source of minerals and nutrients besides being low in
cholesterol and sodium. Thus, it can be effective in fighting bladder stones.
8. Prevents Signs of Ageing: Figs also contain vitamin C. This vitamin acts as an antioxidant by
fighting free radicals that damage your skin, thus preventing signs of ageing. Fig juice can be
taken to get this benefit.
9. Contributes to Hair Growth: Magnesium is a mineral that contributes to hair growth and fig juice
can be taken to increase the intake of this mineral.
Article publié pour la première fois le 25/02/2015