Space Technology Arrives In A New Agricultural Device
Space Technology: In this technologically driven era, Science and technology are making progress by leaps and bounds.
It has given birth to latest innovative and technological inventions. Space technology, which is basically a technology developed by the space science industry is specifically put to use in satellites, spacecraft and exploration of space. It is also used for sports infrastructure, equipment as well as procedures. Space technology has assumed a lot of importance for agricultural activities and has proved to be of a great value to the farmers, food manufacturers, and agronomists who are willing to enhance grain production and substantially improve their profit margins.
In this modern era, so many space technology techniques have evolved and emerges which are helping the farmers a great deal in enhancing their productivity. For instance, remote sensing satellites provide main data for checking the soil and monitoring the crop development. The satellites help in rainfall assessment thereby helping the farmers to predict the timings and amount of irrigation that they will need for their crops. Moreover, they provide precise and accurate information regarding the production output.
With the use of sophisticated space technology, space exploration technique is being adopted by the agricultural department. The autonomous farm vehicles have successfully controlled the paths to ensure that while ploughing and seeding, no path of field or section is missed. In a nutshell, the space technology has provided the following benefits to the farmers:
- It has helped a great deal in dealing with the farmer’s biggest foe, the weather. Deep analysis of satellite imagery provides all the weather related information for both public as well as private sector users.
- The accurate interpretation of satellite data helps a lot in weather forecasting which is obviously dependent on it. Weather conditions can be predicted and long-term climate trends can be accurately read.
- Remote sensing techniques are used for predicting pre-harvest production of wheat, rice etc.
- The technological innovations from space exploration have created a deeper and better understanding of irrigational efficiency.
- Another advantage of space technology in agriculture is that it helps in meeting developmental needs and provided towers to measure soil moisture, its temperature, the amount of heat in the soil and the net radiation as well. Along with this wind direction, pressure etc can be easily kept in check.
Space technology has now been put to work on earth in a device for testing soil quality. This agricultural monitoring system consisting a mobile rover platform with a robotic arm which carries with itself a soil sensing system based on an entirely innovative technology developed for use in exploration on mars. Such innovative technology has been designed keeping in mind the environmental considerations, sustainable farming system, urbanization, changes in demography and provide food to the ever increasing global population.
To conclude with, space technology has been put to earth for testing soil quality and ensuring greater farming productivity.
Original article published at: http://techttalks.com/space-technology-arrives-in-a-new-agricultural-device/