Safe Dating for the Tinder Lovers And Dating App Members: Tips to Keep Yourself Safe While Trying to Find Love Online in 2019
BY ANDY KAY
Modern technologies have developed many ways to make dating, looking for love, or just hooking up, a much simpler and faster process. You can now browse for a temporary or permanent partner in the comfort of your home without even shaving your legs. The downfall? Predators and con men, both male and female, know how to seek people on those sites too but they have a whole different idea of who they are looking for and they don’t play by the rules.
Facebook Dating is helping those using their app for finding love an extra way to stay safe…well, more safe, at least. By offering the option to share your location with a friend while out on the date, they are helping to create a safer environment. As a private investigator I always encourage women to share their location with a friend while out with someone new. I really like this feature that Facebook Dating in bringing to the game in 2019.
But there is much more to staying safe in your search for true love than simply sharing your location.
- Take a picture of their profile and share it with a friend/family member. If it is fake, at least there is digital evidence of what was provided. The more information that people have to work with, the more likelihood of finding a missing person or an offender.
- Share the person’s phone number with your friend. If you don’t have their number, then share what contact info you have on them with your friend. Basics information can help find someone’s identity much faster than having to have investigators track down each clue.
- Take a picture of their license plate and send it to your friend. We don’t recommend getting into someone’s car that you haven’t met a number of times in person, but if you do, take some precautions. Be discreet about taking a photo of the license plate, but be sure and get a clear photo. If something happens, then a LOT of info and tracking can be done through a license plate!
- Call your private investigator! We can run a license plate, run a nationwide in-depth background check, and keep your inquiry confidential. No traces will be left on your browsing history in case you end up in a relationship with that person.
- Don’t meet at your home with the person until you have run a basic background check with a professional. Free, and even pay-for online background searches are not accurate or reliable.
- Ask the person if they have anything in their background that would come up and surprise you in a bad way. Most people are simply afraid to ask these questions, but it’s part of being mature and informed. A lot of times, if someone has the opportunity, they would rather explain it and get it over with, and also defend themselves outright. If they tell you there is nothing major to tell you, but you hire us to check their background and we find something disconcerting or alarming, you know they have bad character (they lied!) and at least have an out to run and not waste your time.
- Don’t stop with sharing your phone location; use wearable tech (like Smart Watches) and share your location from there as well. This doesn’t mean you have the wear the watch. You can just drop it in your purse so it’s not obvious to have another means of location sharing in case your date is ill-intentioned.
Visit us here.
Contact Kay & Associates Investigations