IOTA news from DARC
This page is brought to
you in association with
QRZ Callsign Search
Page last updated on: Sunday, February 12, 2017
IOTA News from OPDX
13 February, 2016
EU-124. (Update) Members of the Virtual Amateur Radio Club (VARC) of Kent, U.K., will be active as MC0VRC from the Island of Ynys Gybi (Holy Island) between April 30th and May 6th. Operators mentioned are Mark/G0GQT (not G0GDA), Keith/M0KJA and Nigel/G0GDA.
Activity will be on 80–10 meters (depending on propagation) using CW, SSB and the Digital modes. They will be taking a FT3k, FT450, 2x FT991’s and 3 linears to run the U.K. limit of 400w. Antennas will be a couple of tribanders, a 40m dipole, 80m dipole, 2 vertical dioples, 20m sloper and
a 2m beam for the 2m UKAC contest on Tuesday night from IO73ph.
QSL via eQSL.
NA-090. Martin, LU9EFO, will be active as XE3/LU9EFO from Cozumel
Island between March 10–20th. Activity will be on various HF bands on SSB. QSL via F4BHW direct or by the Bureau to LU9EFO. ** UPDATE ** Martin announced on February 11th: “The DXpedition to IOTA NA090 is suspended until further notice.”
OC-233. Craig, VK5CE, will be active as VK5CE/7 from Bruny Island
between April 22–23rd. Activity will be mostly on 40/20 meters using SSB, with possibly some 17/15m. There will be some 30m PSK63. An activity schedule is posted on his Web page at:
QSL via his home callsign, direct (see QRZ.com), by the Bureau
(VERY SLOW) or ClubLog’s OQRS.
OC-235. Jacek, SP5APW, will be active as DU9/SP5APW from Siargao
Island between May 9–16th. Activity will be on various bands.
QSL via his home callsign.
SA-028. Operators Martin/LU9EFO, Fabio/PU2KBD and Ricardson/PU7TDX
will be active as PY2/LU9EFO, PU2KBD/P and PU7TDX/P, respectively from Sao Sebastiao Island between March 24–26th. Activity will be on various HF bands using SSB. QSL via F4BHW direct and LU9EFO via the Bureau.
SA-061. (Update) Members of the LU8YE Radio Club de los Andes and
North Patagonia DX Group Members (NPDXG) will be active on an IOTA DXpedition as XR5M from Mocha Island between March 8–13th.
Activity will be on the HF bands and 6 meters using CW and SSB. QSL via IK2DUW. Operators mentioned are Claudio/LU7DW, Marcos/CE6VMO, Richard/LU1YW, Martín/LU3VMS, Rafa/LU7VCH, Sergio/LU7YS and Alex/LU8VCC. For more details and updates, see: https://xr5m.blogspot.com.ar
Also on Twitter: https://twitter.com/xr5m_2017
Share this page Follow us Advertisement
Latest news stories..
- Tony’s 10 Metre Band Report
- Oroville Dam: ARES volunteers support evacuation
- HamRadioNow: All SDR, All the Time
- Radio hams ready to help
- The Great Atlantic Challenge
- Amazing display of colorful clouds in the arctic stratosphere
- AmateurLogic 101: Android RTL, BitX40 and lots more
- Radio released from shackles
- Powerpole Polarity Tester
- 2017 Scientific Valentine’s Day Cards
- National VOA Museum to celebrate 75th anniversary of Voice of America
- ARRL Collegiate Ham Radio Initiative Forum
- Ham radio: Around the world and into space
- Loving radio in the internet age
- Radio Emma Toc celebrates 95th anniv 2MT
- Essex Skills Night February 20
- Wyong Field Day
- ARISS contact planned for School in Komotini, Greece
- Scout ham radio around-the-world APRS balloon
- Baofeng handy talkie meets GNU radio
- SOTA Summit to Summit VK-EU event
- DXCC Country/Entity Report
- IOTA news from OPDX
Get the News Headlines delivered in one daily email Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner