After a successful launch in Europe, Keecker will unveil its smart, wireless multimedia robot at CES 2018 in Las Vegas, January 9–12, 2018. Come and meet the team on their booth #43523 at Sands Expo
The Keecker prototype was originally introduced at CES 2014, and after extensive R&D has evolved to include smart voice command and a smaller, nimbler body. Keecker announces that the much-anticipated robot is now available for purchase online at www.keecker.com and is available for demo at Target Open House in San Francisco and will be on display in 7 B8ta Store location starting February 1.
Equipped with a 90° adjustable video projector, a powerful 4.1 audio system and two cameras, Keecker is an elegantly designed all-in-one home entertainment, communication, and security system that adapts autonomously to its environment. Keecker is mobile-easily moving from room to room-and is controlled by voice command or by a free smartphone application (Android, iOS and Web).
Its capabilities include:
- A built-in projector that transforms any surface into a screen — watch movies, play video games, etc. (from wall to ceiling).
- An immersive acoustic experience that uses a 4.1 sound system and features four speakers and a subwoofer.
- Ability to make 360° video calls to stay connected with friends and family miles away.
- A mobile video surveillance tool with cameras that allow users monitor what is happening in their homes at all times, from anywhere.
- Real-time home updates about humidity levels, ambient light, and room temperature from integrated gyroscope, compass, accelerometer, and infrared sensors.
Starting at $1,790, Keecker is approximately 15”x15” in size and weighs 18 pounds. Its lithium-ion battery guarantees six hours of intense activity (projection, sound, and movement all at the same time). Using sensors and artificial intelligence, Keecker maps the space around him so he can circulate freely and return to his charging station when needed.
Keecker has an Android TV(™) operating system. With access to content across Google Play, Chromecast, and Google Assistant, Keecker easily becomes a central multimedia device.
Thanks to a partnership with Qualcomm, the robot features a Qualcomm®SnapdragonTM 820 Quad Core for connectivity, speed, and power.
Keecker also responds to voice commands via Google Home and Alexa.
Keecker’s development kit (SDK) gives developers access to technical elements of the robot in order to brainstorm and create new applications.
A SNEAK PEEK OF SOME THE COOL THINGS KEECKER DOES
Created in 2012 by former Google product manager Pierre Lebeau, Keecker is a French startup creating innovative technologies that enhance people’s everyday lives. After a successful crowdfunding campaign and a $5.2 million funding round with Hardware Club, accompanied by SEB alliance and Aplus finance, Keecker has developed an eponymous product-a connected robot dedicated to the sharing of the multimedia experience at home for the whole family, with ease.