Podcasts I love
Podcasting is now the “it” thing to do with your spare time and with shows like Serial (Season 1), Startup, and Chat with Traders you have an abundance of content at your fingertips.
How to listen:
Overcast is free (with ads) or you can pay for the annual subscription.
- Freakonomics Radio — from the guys who wrote the books with the same name, they make economics fun.
- Reply All — Another podcast from the legends at Gimlet Media which focuses on interesting stories that involve the internet.
- Common Sense with Dan Carlin — Dan is a breath of fresh air and his take on politics and world events is second to none. He’s a thought leader and well worth a listen.
- Serial — Season 1 was my gateway into the world of podcasts and I will always be grateful. This story had me hooked from the first episode and I couldn’t sleep until I finished them all … Do yourself a favour and download it NOW!
Business / Trading
- NPR’s Planet Money — A podcast about finance and money delivered differently.
- Chat with Traders — A great interview series by Australian Aaron Fifield about the lives, tips, tools of successful traders around the world.
- Agencies Drinking Beer — A show about marketing agencies and how to standout. The guys interview agencies around the world about their tips and tricks to succeed. Episode 26 features me so it’s obviously my favourite.
- a16z — Andreessen Horowitz is one of the top VC’s in the Valley, and their podcast never fails to provide awesome insights and valuable info.
- The Pitch — hear a startup pitch their idea and get feedback from a panel of investors.
- The Tim Ferriss Show — Tim is a best selling Author and has interviewed hundreds of world class. His style is unsurpassed and you will need a pen handy to jot down all the great content.
- The Startup Chat — short, focused episodes from thought-leaders Steli and Hiten the brains behind close.io and KISSmetrics.
- StartUp Podcast — Arguably the best startup podcast on the planet. Follow the journey of startup’s, their wins and loses over an entire season.
- This Week in Startups — Jason is a tech legend. He has his finger always on the pulse and knows when to pull the trigger. His views, investments and commentary are always on point and when he speaks you should listen.
- #AskGaryVeeShow — Gary is an inspiration. He loves to be the underdog and is addicted to winning. He found fame in the wine biz creating “Wine Library TV” before trying his hand in the Ad world (but using social and stirring the pot). He is a hustler and a dreamer but with 1 key difference — He can execute!
There are so many but these are my favs right now. Try them out if you are new to podcasting or leave a comment of other great podcasts that you recommend.