I want to create an app that is a go-to source for dog owners in Toronto so that they can navigate the city more easily, safely and happily with their 4 legged friends. It would help communities by showing users dog friendly places, it would help safety by notifying users of local pet-related dangers and it would help wellness by encouraging exercise.
- walk tracker/mapper — tells you where you went, how far and how fast
- corresponding collar clip that acts gps for both map tracker and tracks in case of runaways (like a Fit Bit)
- areas of danger notifications — ticks, missing pets, rabid raccoons, etc.
- useful directories
- off leash area/dog park directory
- pet sitter directory
- dog walker directory
- vet directory
- pet friendly stores and patios
- pet sitters
- questions about dog related issues
- Too complex for project purposes with peripheral (collar clip)?
- How to make more than just a directory or gps tracker (if clip isn’t included) — what makes it unique?
Relevant Existing Apps:
ResQwalk — tracks walks and donates $ per x distance to dog rescues, Bark’N’Borrow — facilitates meetups and pet sitters
Fit Bit — tracks your (human’s) distance, speed, location, other fitness things
Bunz Pet Zone — forum for all things pet related
Research, interview/survey results and persona to come!