The Unofficial Weekly Stratis Retrospect #27 — Khilone
It’s time for The Unofficial Weekly Stratis Retrospect #27. It’s been a while since I posted a weekly, due to personal reasons. In this post, I will write about everything since my last major post.
For anyone wanting to read my previous blogs, you can find them all here.
Disclaimer: Never take anything I say (or anyone else on the Internet says) to be investment advice. Consult with a professional, and extensively do your own research before ever investing into anything.
Stratis Sidechains Alpha Release
On 27 June, 2018, Stratis accomplished a huge milestone by releasing their Alpha of Stratis Sidechains. According to the CEO of Stratis, Chris Trew, Sidechains provide a means to quickly provision, sandbox and deploy a bespoke blockchain tailored to specific enterprise processes. Because Stratis sidechains remain linked to the well-established Stratis mainchain, enterprises can be certain their blockchain implementations will continue to benefit from enhancements made by Stratis’s core team of highly- experienced developers. You can read the full announcement over here.
Sidechains in action
You can now try out the Stratis Sidechains Alpha release by setting up Stratis and Apex wallets on the testnet network. You can then use them for cross-chain deposits and withdrawals.
- Documentation: https://academy.stratisplatform.com
- Faucet: https://faucet.stratisplatform.com/
- GitHub Repository: https://github.com/stratisproject/FederatedSidechains
- Discord (sidechains support): https://discord.gg/DbUusDh
Marketing Appears for Stratis Sidechains
Since the release of the Sidechains, there has been a lot of media coverage for Stratis. Here is an overview of some of the articles that have been published by different media-outlets:
- Cryptoninjas — https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2018/06/27/stratis-announces-sidechains-alpha-release-in-c-on-the-net-framework/
- Investinblockchain — https://www.investinblockchain.com/stratis-sidechains-alpha/
- PRnewswire — https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stratis-launches-sidechains-allowing-enterprises-to-innovate-with-bespoke-blockchains-686924591.html
- Computing — https://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/3033006/blockchain-update-banking-consortium-announces-first-commercial-transactions-on-the-we-trade-platform
- NBC12 — http://www.nbc12.com/story/38539652/stratis-launches-sidechains-allowing-enterprises-to-innovate-with-bespoke-blockchains
- Wave3 — http://www.wave3.com/story/38539652/stratis-launches-sidechains-allowing-enterprises-to-innovate-with-bespoke-blockchains
- WBRC — http://www.wbrc.com/story/38539652/stratis-launches-sidechains-allowing-enterprises-to-innovate-with-bespoke-blockchains
- Kait8 — http://www.kait8.com/story/38539652/stratis-launches-sidechains-allowing-enterprises-to-innovate-with-bespoke-blockchains
- Globalbankingandfinance — https://www.globalbankingandfinance.com/stratis-launches-sidechains-allowing-enterprises-to-innovate-with-bespoke-blockchains/
- Marketwatch — https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stratis-launches-sidechains-allowing-enterprises-to-innovate-with-bespoke-blockchains-2018-06-29
- Blockchain News — http://www.the-blockchain.com/2018/07/02/stratis-steam-ahead-with-sidechains-third-release-this-month/?utm_campaign=BCN%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
- BitcoinExchangeGuide — https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/stratis- sidechains-alpha-launches-for-blockchain-enterprise-scale-solutions/
- ThirtyK — https://thirtyk.com/2018/07/05/stratis-sidechain-business/
Stratis Academy Release
On June 27, 2018, Stratis released their Stratis Academy. Their goal is for Stratis Academy to be the learning hub for developers to gain first-hand experience in blockchain technology.
For this first release of the Stratis Academy, there is a substantial library of content covering the foundation of blockchain, as well as learning modules for individual products developed on the Stratis Platform. Each chapter will enrich any developers keen to learn about the Stratis Platform and their product offerings.
To get started with the Stratis Academy, simply go to https://academy.stratisplatform.com
Stratis Development Roadmap Update
In the first two quarters of 2018, Stratis has delivered a significant amount of releases. Their latest update is about all items from their Q1 and Q2 roadmap. You can read the full update here.
Chris Trew stated:
Our Q1/Q2 2018 development roadmap was intentionally aggressive in terms of what we wanted to achieve. I’m proud of what the team has delivered, with the introduction of important updates to the Stratis Platform. The ability to run smart contracts and to provision sidechains opens up a world of potential applications that enterprises can build on the Stratis Platform. I look forward to seeing the creative innovations third- party developers will realise.
Stratis is looking forward to the second half of 2018 and will be publishing their Q3/Q4 roadmap in the coming weeks.
Blockchain Expo Amsterdam
On 27–28 June, 2018, Stratis exhibited the Amsterdam Blockchain Expo. Stratis was a highest-ranked sponsor, and this resulted in a good location and size for their booth.
On behalf of Stratis, Jordan Andrews did two presentations about Stratis’ Smart Contracts. Jordan and Dan also got interviewed a few times. One of the interviews already showed up, and you can watch that here. You can also have a look at Jordan’s presentation over here.
Amsterdam was a great success, I was there for two days, and there was a lot of attention paid to Stratis. It was also a pleasure meeting long-term community members and seeing Stratis team members again.
Stratis and Blockfolio
Blockfolio recently released their Beta Version of Blockfolio Signal. Stratis has been picked as one of the first projects to be on it. So, from now on, you will get a notification through your Blockfolio app when Stratis puts out a release. Simply add $STRAT to your Blockfolio to receive any updates from Stratis.
Smart Contracts Update
The Smart Contracts team of Stratis released the v0.10.0 version of the Smart Contract test network. Here’s the changelog listing what’s new:
Full Node Update
Dan Gershony gave a small update on the versions of the Stratis Full Node:
Useful script for testing PRs on the full node
Jeremy Bokobza wrote a useful script for testing pull requests on the Stratis Full Node. He created it to aid developers in testing pull requests from their fellow developers. You can find Jeremy’s script over here.
The Team at Work and a New Tester
Part of The Developer Team in London
New Tester Gearing Up With Massive Machinery
Stratis Development Foundation (SDF)
The SDF added a “101” section on how to get started effectively working with the Stratis Blockchain. You can read more about it here.
$STRAT Available on BestRate.org
During the MSA British Touring Car Championship, rising star, Bobby Thompson drove with a Stratis logo on his car!
Bobby Thompson his car
Bobby Thompson and new partner Stratis Platform
Bobby Thompson on his new Stratis stickers
GLUON announced their ICO a few months ago, which will be the first ICO to launch from the Stratis ICO platform. This week, GLUON released new information about their project:
- GLUON implemented location tracking
- Come visit GLUON at booth #180 in Amsterdam
- Team GLUON day 1 Blockchain Expo Amsterdam
- Team GLUON day 2 Blockchain Expo Amsterdam
Beyond Global Trade
Beyond Global Trade (BGT) will be the second ICO to launch from the Stratis ICO platform. This week, BGT also released new information about their upcoming project:
That’s it for now. All the best to everyone!
Follow me on Twitter to get all the news right away: https://twitter.com/Khil0ne
And be sure to read all my stories on Medium over here:
Other things to keep an eye at: