How will you measure your life?
- Prioritisation of what is most important
- Tried to link this to the exercise on feeling grateful. What was I grateful for? Mainly family, some country. SO does that mean that is my main priority, or that these things give me freedom of choice?
- What is the minimum I need to stay alive and be satisfied, and for everything else, can I get the joy from elsewhere?
- Holding on 100% of the time is easier than holding on 98% of the time.
- Understand strength through feedback analysis
- Compare expected to actual outcome; what helped/hindered me from getting to expected? Develop those strengths
- How do I work best? Alone? With no instructions?
- What are my core values and do they fit with the company’s core values.
- Only when values fit, able to find a way to work where I work best and can utilise strength does the job/company fit
- Cultivating other major interests so that one can move on after plateauing. Interpret as continuous self engagement and fulfilment?
Management Time: Who’s Got the Monkey?
- Think the application to me is to not pass monkeys to anyone, don’t go bosses with just a problem
How resilience works
- Acceptance of reality objectively. Not to feel unrealistically optimistically
- Man’s search for meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Find meaning in hardship
- Improvise solutions
Manage Your Energy, Not Your Time
- Foster habits to replenish energy e.g. Exercise
- Work in ultradian rhythm
- What I dislike in others is what I pride in myself e.g. Independence
- Three lenses, reverse Long and wide
- Attention deficit trait
- Internal frenzy
- Unable to make decisions or prioritise
- Combating ADT
- Positive emotions
- Physical well being
- Daily habits /Organization
- The more I try to do at any one time, the less my brain will perform
Be a better leader,have a richer life
- Goals vs actual time spent
- Basically create small measurable habits to help in as many of the for areas of life as possible
- Not a very attention catching read
Reclaim your job
- Prioritize and find the resources to work on priorities
Moments of greatness
- Results centered and able to move out of comfort zone
- Internally directed vs doing things purely to conform to social norms
- Focus on others or group instead of self focused for survival purely
- To be externally open, receptive and hence able to accept that I might need change
What to ask the person in the mirror
- Again the points on prioritisation and making sure time spent aligns with that
- A lot on leadership which I can’t relate to now
- Emotional intelligence for leaders, a leader’s mood or energy will permeate an organisation
- The skills to have are self awareness, self management, social awareness, relationship management
- Behave positively as much as possible to ingrain that behaviourBehave positively as much as possible to ingrain that behaviour
13 Sept 2016