HB-1011 2017 WA state Bathroom Bill Sponsors
If you are a constituent in any of these districts, or know someone who is, please urge them to contact these elected officials and tell them you oppose HB-1011. These folks are all up for re-election in 2018.
If you want to know more about why bathroom bills are fundamentally problematic, here’s some reading material for you to consider:
- Five Reasons Why the Transgender Bathroom Bills are Complete Nonsense
- Debunking the Myths used to support Transgender Bathroom Bills
I am always open to conversation and questions. I am a cis woman living in Seattle and I’ve been peeing alongside trans women here for well over a decade. My last girlfriend was openly trans. Some of my favourite people on Earth are transgendered. Their lives are already hard enough because of our cultural insanity about gender (you’ve probably felt it too, it’s so pervasive: whether it was getting pink gifts you didn’t want as a little girl, or being teased for being a maternal man), without making it even more awful with bathroom bills. All I ask is that you be respectful, and I will do the same.
- District 4: Bob McCaslin & Matt Shea (Millwood, Spokane Valley and Liberty Lake)
- District 5: Jay Rodne (Carnation, North Bend, Snoqualmie, Issaquah, and parts of Renton, Covington, Maple Valley, Black Diamond and unincorporated King County)
- District 6: Jeff Holy (Airway Heights, Medical Lake and Cheney)
- District 7: Shelly Short (Oroville, Tonasket, Republic, Kettle Falls, Colville, Chewelah, Metaline, Newport, and Deer Park)
- District 8: Larry Haler & Brad Klippert (Richland, West Richland and Kennewick)
- District 13: Matt Manweller (Roslyn, Cle Elum, Ellensburg, Mattawa, Moses Lake, Quincy, Ephrata, Warden and Odessa)
- District 15: David Taylor (Selah, Moxee, Wapato, Toppenish, Zillah, Granger, Sunnyside, Grandview and part of Yakima)
- District 18: Liz Pike (Ridgefield, La Center, part of Battle Ground, part of Vancouver, Camas and Washougal)
- District 19: Jim Walsh (Westport, Aberdeen, Cosmopolis, Montesano, Raymond, South Bend, Long Beach, Ilwaco, Cathlamet, Longview and part of Kelso)
- District 26: Jesse Young (part of Bremerton, Port Orchard, and Gig Harbor)
- District 42: Vincent Buys (Point Roberts, Blaine, Ferndale, Lynden, Nooksack, Everson and the northern part of Bellingham)
- District 47: Mark Hargrove (Kent, Covington and Auburn)
Details of HB-1011
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out —
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out —
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out —
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me — and there was no one left to speak for me.